SLCC Lafayette is near their goal of raising $2.1 million in private donations for a proposed new Health and Sciences building. The state has funded $15 million for a combined total of $17.1 million. The new building would be located on the Lafayette campus and sized around 63,400 sq ft. SLCC’s new Registered Nursing program will anchor the new building and it is expected that the Early College Academy will expand into that building too. The ECA currently consist of 250 9th – 12th grade students, but with the new building they will expand to 1000 students. These students will complete high school with a diploma and an Associates Degree. Pretty cool!
SLCC is less than $20,000 away from reaching their goal. Here is a list of current donors for the project.
1. $1M commitment from the Lafayette Parish School System.
2. $700,000 commitment from the Lafayette Public Trust Financing Authority.
3. $210,000 in cash by the Lafayette Economic Development Authority.
4. $100,000 commitment from a private anonymous donor.
5. $2,500 cash from Whitney Bank.
6. $10,000 from MidSouth Bank.